Coming home from work, feeling tired? How about treat yourself a head massage? By massaging your head skin, you can improve blood circulation your head and neck, and it can maintain your head skin and hair in a good condition. It can even promote the hair growth 🙂 We will see what more benefits out there if you have a head massage on the regular basis, and what oils you can use to do it.
A head massage can…
- Help improve blood circulation
- Promote hair growth
- Help provide relief from migraine headaches
- Help prevent hair damage
- Help lower blood pressure
- Help cure insomnia
- Help boost memory
- Help deal with stress
- and so on…
There was one really tiring evening I tried on head/scalp massage by myself. I didn’t know how it will help… yeah I didn’t really think it will help me in any way, but oh dear, after I finished it, I felt wayyyyyy better! :O
I usually work at home, facing my laptop all day, having a meeting after another. There are times that I feel super tired in my eyes. I can feel that tightness and tension are built up in the muscles around my head. After the massage the muscles went relaxed, telling me to just go to bed and sleep, haha, which I did right away 🙂 I still felt fresh the next morning, and my concentration and memory improved as the blood flow to the nervous system increased.
So if you work for long hours in the office or at home, I strongly recommend you to give it a try. I’m sure it can help improving the quality and efficiency of your work as well.
This is the YouTube video that I usually watch for my head massage night (It’s in Japanese so turn on the subtitle if you need) 🙂
Here are oils that you can use for head/scalp massage:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Argan oil
- Rosemary oil
STEPS TO MASSAGE YOUR HEAD/SCALP:
- Take the required amount of oil in a bowl and place the bowl in the hot water to warm up the oil.
- Make sections of your hair by using a tail comb.
- Using the tips of your fingers, work up the oil on your scalp in circular motions.
- Make sure the movements are slow and gentle, refrain from using vigorous movements.
- Use smaller quantities of oil on all the parts of your scalp, back of your neck, and sides of your ears.
- You can leave the oil on your hair and scalp for at least half an hour to one hour.
- If you wish, you can leave the oil overnight too.
- Next morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
The Bodywise Clinic